The Apollo Horticulture GLK600CT24E 600 Watt Grow Light has offered great service as promised. It has been three months that I am using the HPS grow light and my plants seem to have fallen in love with it. The right amount of light has acted as a catalyst for the plants to grow in a steady way. I have a different affection for plants. They give me the inspiration to grow in life no matter for the situation is. Just like a seed transforms into a beautiful plant bearing gorgeous flowers, it has always left a positive message in my life.
My storeroom converted to an experiment room!
My terrace has fifteen plants as of now. I wanted to increase the number but there is no space left there. However I have one store room which is not used by any of my family members. So, an idea struck my mind and I thought of practicing gardening indoors. My store room isn’t that big but it can definitely accommodate at least ten plants. To start the indoor gardening I had to buy lights and there could be nothing better than the HPS grow lights.
A great start for the gardeners
For me this kit is the best to start with. Even if you are newbie, I feel that the 600 Watt HPS grow light is value for money. I got 2 HPS lamp when it was on sale. Each grow light was below $170 and without even giving it a second thought I grabbed the product.
I feel that a 600 Watt grow light will be enough for anyone who wants to start indoor gardening. The light it offers is simply amazing. It basically covers a large area and as a result all the plants get equal amount of light required to grow.
I love orchids. I wanted to give it a try and see how well the HPS grow lights can perform. Thankfully it worked beyond my expectations and I could see small buds thriving!
The techniques to grow the beautiful orchids
Now, this kit is enough to start the process. This is the reason i have bought the HPS grow light. Be it the timer, ballast, light bulb or the power cord, I got everything in one package.
- For an orchid to grow, it requires at least a 1000 watt HPS growing lamp. So, I combined the two in order to produce enough light for the orchids. Now, the distance maintained between the plants and the grow lights should be at least 6 feet. This will ensure that the plants are not getting too hot.
- I used the lamp hooks to hang the reflector. You need to study a bit about the plants you want to grow indoors. Every plant has different criteria to meet.
- The manual is helpful. Instructions are given in a lucid way. The best part about this kit is that it offers a cooling system that most of the kit might not provide you. A cooling system will always prevent the overheating of the bulbs and thus, saving the plants as well.
- The timer is very useful. Every plant requires a rest time and a timer when installed determines the rest time. As a matter of fact, plants respire when it is dark. This is essential for a healthy growth.
- Orchids would need a minimum of 14 hours of light per day. This makes the plant a “long day plant”.
I think there is nothing much to say about the HPS grow light. My descriptions are enough to make you understand how efficient the lamp is. I definitely recommend this product to all the gardeners and the ones who are in horticulture. If you have never tried indoor gardening, give it a try. It gives a unique feeling.
The lamp can save your plants from cloudy weather. If you are concerned about the warranty then fret not. HPS lights can run up to 18 months and it may even go further if proper care is taken.
Amazon has given me this product at an affordable price. Thanks a lot Amazon for this deal!