I always had a keen interest in gardening. When I watch people growing a variety of fruits and vegetables with so much care, I too feel like trying it with my hands. Well, my terrace has no dearth of flowering plants. It feels great to see the plants growing slowly and ultimately the buds open to offer the most beautiful creation of nature. Yes, it does require hard work and the most important thing is the sunlight. Without the sun the plants have no life basically.
This time I wanted to grow tomatoes indoors. I was pretty excited for this. Knowing that the right amount of light will be the main factor to grow beautiful tomatoes, I had to buy the HPS grow light. I was ready to spend on the grow light provided it offered the right features. As a result there could be no better option than Amazon to get the best deal. It has always promised to offer genuine products and this is what I like about Amazon. This is the ninth time I am buying something from this famous online shopping site.
To be precise, the kit has got everything!
- The tube set attracted me at the very first instance. It looked a little different from other HPS light kits.
- Again, many costly kits will not have the 24 hour timer set, but thankfully this kit had the feature. It solves a lot of problem.
- It doesn’t take much space. If you are using this HPS model then it would hardly take 7′ x 7′ area. It actually worked great for the tomato plants.
- High pressure sodium lamps are very economical as compared to fluorescent lights and incandescent lamps. Although these lamps are inexpensive, they are okay for herbs that do not require much light. Plus, the incandescent lamps are not ideal for indoor garden.
- This kit comes with ballast which is an essential to keep the flow of current in control. If this is absent, you never know when the lamp may burst! Yes, this happens if you don’t believe me. Ballast is the most important component of this kit.
- The mounting height should be at least 5 feet to avoid the plants to get too hot. If the plants get too hot then it will shrink and become weak. It won’t be able to bear the fruit.
The right humidity
Since this is an indoor procedure to grow the tomatoes, the humidity required will be more. It is very important to maintain the right humidity for the plants to grow in the best way. When plants lack humidity, they show symptoms like leaves turning brown and having a withered look.
There is a simple technique to increase the humidity. You may mist the plants occasionally. You may also keep a tray filled with water near the plants. You don’t have to keep the plants in it. All you have to do is to keep some lava rocks in it. This will help in increasing the process of evaporation. This is the technique that I apply.
If you are not satisfied with this technique, you may use a humidifier. This is again a great alternative to offer humidity to the plants.
Thinking which plants can be grown indoors?
Well, you can grow any type of plants provided you provide the right amount of light, humidity and care they need! I chose tomato plant as an experiment basis. I am really happy that my experiment was successful.
You may grow a variety plants like carrots, onions, celery, basil, lavender, rosemary, chives, strawberries, blueberries, roses, marigold, petunia, oregano and much more. You just need to know their basic requirement that’s it!
Of course, I recommend HPS grow light to every individual who wants to experiment or pursue in the gardening field. It feels great when you help the plants to grow. It seems like a new life evolving with the help of your hands!
The 600 Watt HPS grow light is the best kit you can ever have at this sale price. You don’t have to depend on the sunlight or the right weather.
Thanks a lot Amazon for such a great deal!