The Hydrofarm SBM150S 150-Watt Mini Sunburst with HPS Lamp is what I wanted as an experiment basis. I am new to HPS grow lights and wanted to explore it before jumping into the high range model. No doubt that the price of the product is satisfactory enough to grab it at once! I was planning to grow few plants indoor. The place where I stay does not receive much sunlight because there are too many buildings surrounding our home. As a result the sunlight gets blocked. Plus the terrace is located on the 21st floor and it is difficult for me to take care of the plants in this way.
I was very concerned about this issue and asked my neighbors for a quick solution. They said that there are grow lights available in the market. Sadly, the price that the retail stores were charging for 150 Watt HPS was humongous. It was more than $150! I really didn’t want to spend so much at the first instance. So, I thought that Amazon can help me save some dollars. When I landed up on this product I was more than happy to see the price and the features it offered.
Quick delivery, secured payment and great packaging!
Amazon has proved to be the most reliable shopping site ever. It has kept its promise and delivered the product within two days. Again, the packaging was impressive and I loved the way it cared for products.
When I opened the box, I saw the mini HPS lamp that had the label Hydrofarm. The lamp was sturdy and lightweight. Although the 150 Watt HPS lamp is not choice for the people who wants to grow innumerable plants or the ones who are in the horticulture department, I feel that it is best for household purpose.
HPS lamps are great in demand for flowering plants. It fastens the growth rate and increases the budding in plants.
- The first pro is that it is the HPS lamp I am using! No kidding. I felt that these lamps work the best as compared to any other bulbs. There are fluorescent and incandescent bulbs used for the growth of seedlings. Many people who are still unaware of HPS are still glued to fluorescent bulbs. What I feel is that HPS lamp solves every purpose of your gardening.
- It offers sufficient amount of light to the plants. I really don’t have to think about the weather conditions now. Be it a cloudy or a stormy weather, my plants are safe indoors and at the same time gets enough “sunlight”!
- It occupies a minimal place. Considering the size of the lamp, it hardly disturbs the space of my room! I feel that whoever loves flowers and have a keen interest to experiment on plants should definitely try this HPS model. It is handy and efficient at the same time.
- The efficiency remains constant for up to eighteen months and thereafter may reduce by 30%.
- Do not expect to grow 5-6 plants with the help of 150 Watt HPS lamp. It will not be able to spread that much light. I have grown two plants and this lamp works great. I would suggest you not to grow more than two plants with this model.
- If you are wondering that this lamp will offer the dimming option then you need to increase your budget and search for a higher model that provides around 400 Watts. You basically need to switch off the lamp once you the plants get enough energy to grow.
I think that the price is reasonable and features offered by this lamp are perfect. I wanted to give a kick start and see how things worked with the help of HPS lamp. Now that I know how it works, I am planning to buy a lamp with a higher Watt. This will allow me to grow a lot of plants.
I definitely recommend this HPS lamp to the newbies. It is better to spend less at the first instance and see how it works. Once you know the whole scenario, you will be able to determine everything and take the right decision.